Martello Towers martellotowers.co.uk aims to be a comprehensive guide to Martello Towers throughout the world, from why they were built, how they were built, where they built and where they are today.
Martello Towers martellotowers.co.uk
• adheres to the values of openness, transparency, accountability, and trust in all its operations
• is completely independent and run voluntarily on a non-commercial, not-for-profit basis
• does not accept standard paid advertising
• uses a variety of different sources for the information it provides and makes every attempt to ensure there is no copyright infringement(s)
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. Whilst we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, martellotowers.co.uk takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
A cookie is a small text file stored by your web browser on your computer or mobile device. Some cookies are essential for websites to work and help them provide you with relevant information. Other cookies allow the website to recognise your computer (but not specifically who is using it) when you access websites to improve usability and performance.
Other types of cookies, which martellotowers.co.uk does not use are:
i) cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of websites, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
ii) cookies that are used to recognise you when you return to a website. This enables those websites to personalise content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
ii) cookies that record your visit to websites, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed.
Turning Off and Deleting Cookies
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. For more detailed information about cookies please visit www.allaboutcookies.org which provides guidance on how to control cookies.
The Editor would like to acknowledge English Heritage and Wikipedia for providing much of the source information for this website.
He would also like to acknowledge the help given by:
- By PHGCOM - Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=5283907
- Marie-Christine https://www.mauritiusinsideout.com/martello-tower.html
- VSL Travel https://www.visitsierraleone.org/the-martello-tower
- Ireland's National Inventory of Architectural Heritage http://www.buildingsofireland.ie/
- Mike Hill, Kingston, Ontario Canada
If you have any comments and/or suggestions about this website, please use our Enquiry Form or contact the owner & Editor Peter Faulkner.
01797 366604 or 07951 015551
post 92 Merritt Road, Greatstone, Romney Marsh, Kent TN28 8SZ UK.